The View From Here - Settle into British Columbia
If you're feeling the urge to pull up stakes and relocate, then why not consider beautiful British Columbia?
Whether its oceanfront, city, farm, lakeside, island, mountain high, small town, golf course, or even desert living you seek, B.C. can deliver your dreams.
The province quite possible has the most eclectic terrain in all of Canada. Where else would you find a desert region where cacti bloom within a few hours drive of the ocean where orcas roam?
Here are five reasons to consider moving to B.C.:
The scenery - Just about every part of the province has something breathtaking and indescribable to offer. As you turn each corner you're bound to come across snowcapped peaks or deep crevasses and valleys; stunning views over water or long expanses of vineyard; majestic old growth forests or twinkling cityscapes. Almost every view is better than the last. Pack your camera.
- The water - B.C. has the Pacific Ocean and countless interior rivers, lakes and creeks. There's endless choice for the hardcore fishing enthusiasts, and watersports and boating junkies, as well as for individuals and families who merely want to play in the surf or sunbath on the beach.
- The wildlife - B.C. is the most biologically diverse province and home to an eclectic mix of wildlife species including several that are rare or unique to British Columbia, such as the white Kermode or "Spirit" bear and the burrowing owl. Native animals include big horn sheep, bison, caribou, killer whale, grizzly bear, bobcat, cougar, bald eagle, sea otter, peregrine falcon and sea lion, just to name a few.
- The environment - The people of B.C. are pretty "green" folk. In fact, Economist magazine consistently ranks Vancouver as one of the top three most liveable cities in the world based on this very fact.
- The wine - Enough said.
Still not convinced? Consider these cool factors:
- B.C. offers the "West Coast Special" being the only province where you can literally ski and golf on the same day
- The warmest fresh water lake in Canada is here (Lake Osoyoos)
- A legendary lake monster called Ogopogo resides in Okanagan Lake
- B.C. is referred to as "Hollywood North" with the third largest film and television production centre in North America
- There are 1,030 provincial parks and protected areas
- It has the longest frost-free periods in Canada
- There are 40,000 islands in B.C.
- BC is one of the top three cranberry and blueberry producing regions in the world
- It's home to Canada's largest working cattle ranch
Photo courtesy of Predator Ridge Resort
3750 West Bay Road
West Kelowna, BC V4T 2B8
Phone: (250) 826-1484
Tucked away on the quiet side of Lake Okanagan Boucherie Beach offers private boat slips, a stunning community pool, 350 feet of sandy beachfront and unforgettable views.
2450 Radio Tower Road,
Oliver, BC V0H 1T0
The Cottages on Osoyoos Lake is the only new Waterfront Development in BC's Okanagan Valley. It's a spectacular project with vacation homes starting below $300,000, and retirement homes from under $400,000. We have 1,500 feet of waterfront, 500' of sandy beach, two swimming pools, a 7,000 square foot clubhouse, 20 acres of lawn, walking trails, boat slips and we are right in the heart of wine country. And best of all - these are DETACHED HOMES, not condos!
9295 Okanagan Centre
Lake Country, BC V4V 1N5
Lakestone is an impressive master-planned community located along the shores of Lake Okanagan. Only 20 minutes from Kelowna and 10 from the airport. These 550 acres offer some of the finest waterside and lakeview homesites in the Okanagan Valley. Come Home to the Lake.
100 Mashie Crescent
Vernon, BC V1H 1V8
Phone: (250) 503-1739
Toll Free: 1-866-578-2233
Experience Okanagan Resort Living for yourself. Predator Ridge Real Estate has some of the finest homes for sale in the Okanagan.
132 Sky Court
Kelowna, BC V1V 3A2
Phone: (250) 762-2906
Explore the largest master-planned community between Vancouver and Calgary, situated in a beautiful hillside setting only 10 minutes from downtown Kelowna. Wilden is an island of tranquility surrounded by the best the Okanagan lifestyle has to offer. Experience some of the most breathtaking lake and valley views in Kelowna, tour Wildens picturesque neighbourhoods and visit some exceptional Showhomes. In cooperation with 4 selected builders Wilden customizes dream homes for almost every budget: from affordable single family homes and maintenance free townhomes to custom designed luxury homes.